What is a grinder?
Grinders are designed for cutting and grinding metal. They are also capable of cutting masonry when used with a diamond blade.
What types of cordless grinder do you stock?
- Angle grinders are the most common type of grinder. They use a rotating abrasive disc for basic metal cutting and grinding jobs.
- Mini grinders are essentially smaller versions of the angle grinder and are ideal for smaller jobs or where a low weight is a priority.
- Die grinders / straight grinders have a spindle which comes straight out of the head, as opposed to at a right angle. These machines are perfect for performing very small tasks in confined areas or on curves.
- Flathead grinders are essentially angle grinders, except they have a much flatter head in order to easily access particularly acute angles.
- Fillet weld grinders are special tools which are used for machining hard-to-reach fillet welds in metal construction.
What are the benefits of a Cordless Grinder?
Cordless grinders have two main benefits over mains-powered models. There is the increased flexibility and mobility when you remove the need to be connected to a source of mains power, and the trip hazard that comes with the power cable is also removed.
How do i decide which grinder i need?
- Battery voltage and capacity: How frequently will you will be using the machine and for what tasks? You will have to make a compromise between power/run time and the weight of the power tool.
- Compatibility: Do you need a full tool kit or just the grinder body without the battery, charger, etc? Do you have an existing cordless tool kit that you can use the grinder with?
- Size: Is the grinder large enough to perform your intended tasks? Which disc diameter size do you need?
- Vibration: It is dangerous to use machines which produce high vibration levels for long periods of time, so you must consider the vibration levels of the grinder and ensure that you are making a safe choice.
- Safety: Do you require additional safety features? For example, a powerful cooling system, overload protection, or particular types of safety switches like a dead man’s switch?
Do you need Grinding Discs?
We stock a great selection of Tyrolit metal grinding discs at low prices!
have you Considered a corded grinder?
We have a huge range of mains-powered angle grinders from Bosch, Metabo, DeWalt and Makita at 110V and 240V. We also have a selection of corded mini grinders if you require a smaller size.
Do you want to know more about any of our products?
If you have any tool-related questions or need some advice, then please don't hesitate to contact us. Here at Kelvin Power Tools, we have an excellent team of staff who are more than happy to share their expertise to help you find the right tool for the job!