Honda EM5500S Multi Purpose Generator 5500w
The Honda EM5500CXS generator is a 5500w machine that has an electric start for easy use and provides a lengthy continuous run time. This model has an enhanced anti-vibration system which significantly reduces noise levels, and the unit's tubular frame design is reliable and rugged enough to withstand tough site conditions.
This high-performance model features digital technology to provide optimum efficiency, including an intelligent automatic voltage regulator (i-AVR) which permits the delivery of smoother, cleaner power; and an auto-throttle which automatically adjusts the engine speed when appliances are turned off/on or disconnected/reconnected.
This unit is ideal for professional users who require a robust, dependable machine which provides longevity. It is suitable for a wide range of applications, including construction, hospitality and home back-up.
- Home back-up
- Hospitality units
- Sensitive lighting
- Sensitive construction equipment
- Sensitive industrial equipment
- Emergency services
What are the Most Important Features of the Honda EM5500CXS?
- Intelligent automatic voltage regulator - Provides a cleaner, smoother output by controlling the power electronically to compensate for any spikes in voltage and frequency.
- Eco-throttle - Smart engine technology which automatically adjusts the engine's speed to precisely match the load. This saves fuel, extends the engine life and reduces operational noise.
- Auto-throttle - Automatically reduces the engine speed when appliances are turned off or disconnected, and returns to rated speed when appliances are turned on or reconnected.
- Auto-choke - Intuitively sets the choke to give optimum starting and running in all conditions.
- Electric start - Effortless starting at the simple push of a button.
- Oil alert - Shuts the engine down automatically if the oil level drops below a safe amount. This prevents damage to the engine and keeps you safe also.
- Excellent run time - Great fuel efficiency with up to 8 hours of run time at rated load on a single tank of fuel.
- Circuit breaker - Avoid equipment damage or personal injury in the event of a short circuit when using the power outlets.
- Anti-vibration system - Rubber engine mounts which are inclined at 45° considerably dampen vibration levels and provide lower operational noise, allowing you to use the machine for longer in greater comfort.
- Robust construction - The welded and powder-coated tubular steel frame is designed to withstand harsh worksite conditions, but is still lightweight and easy to lift.
- Superb reliability - The OHV series 4-stroke engine provides amazing durability and an easy starting every time.
- Switchable voltage - Choose between 240v for running standard appliances and 110v for running power tools.
Authorised Dealer & Repair Centre
We service and repair Honda Generators
You can use our Glasgow Repair Centre
for your annual generator service which you'll need to keep your warranty valid. Perfect if you're close by!
See more of our Honda Generators
As Standard with your Generator...
Full Inspection Completed
As an official Honda dealer, we perform a full pre-delivery inspection (PDI) on your generator before we deliver it to you. That includes a test run with fuel and oil inserted - as recommended by Honda.
Warranty Paperwork Completed
We register your generator for warranty purposes. We take care of all the paperwork so you don't have to! Click the Honda Warranty tab above for more.
We include the exact amount of oil you'll require in a seperate container with your generator.
- Max output: 5500w
- Rated output: 5000w
- Output voltage: 230v/115v
- DC voltage: 12v
- Power Stability: AVR Output®
- DC current: 8 amps
- Engine type: GX390
Type: single cylinder 4-stroke OHV air cooled
- Oil capacity: 1.1L with Oil Alert®
- Starter system: Electric
- Length: 680mm, Width: 530mm, Height: 545mm
- Dry weight: 96kg
- Noise level (1/4 load) (dB(a)): 70
- Run time at rated: 8hrs
- Fuel tank capacity: 25L
- Fuel type: Unleaded petrol