An electric sander can be used for many things, including rapid stock removal, improving surface quality and sanding small or awkward spaces. There are many different types of power sander available, each of which serve different purposes.
We stock a great range of models from the best brands in the industry, including Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, Festool and Metabo.
What Types of Electric Sander are Available?
- Belt sanders are ideal for the initial stages of surface processing, as they have a very high stock removal rate but leave a rough finish.
- Orbital sanders provide a good balance between rapid stock removal and a good finish.
- Random orbital sanders provide the same balance as orbital sanders, but leave an even finer finish without the swirl marks that are commonly associated with orbital sanders.
- Palm sanders are small orbital sanders that are ideal for smaller jobs and use in awkward spaces.
- Detail sanders are similar to palm sanders, except they have a pointed pad that can easily sand in tight corners.
- Sander polishers and burnishers are for use on other surfaces, such as metal and stone. Make sure to check the product descriptions for specifics.
Do You Need any Expert Advice?
At Kelvin Power Tools, we have a great staff of power tool experts who are available to help you. If you need any further information about electric sanders or any other product within our range, please feel free to contact us and a team member will be glad to assist.