Trend H/JIG/A 2-Piece Hinge Jig
The Trend H/JIG/A Hinge Jig is a two-part aluminium portable template set, designed for recessing hinges in wooden doors and frames. It is easy to use with minimal setting-up time, completing the job both accurately and quickly both on site and in joinery shops.
Use with a light duty plunge router with 1/4 inch collet, and a long reach router cutter 12mm diameter with 70mm overall length (Unibase may be needed).
- Four apertures for fire door requirements
- No need for marking out in the conventional way
- Quick and simple to set-up as the hinge is used as the pattern
- Suitable for timber based doors & square butt hinges
- Angled position slots prevent creep
Note: T4EK router requires a UNIBASE or special guide bush (ref. GB/T4/160).
Hinge sizes possible:
- Length min. 2 5/8" (67 mm)
- Length max. 5" (127 mm)
- Width min. 3/8" (9.5 mm)
- Width max. 1 3/8" (35 mm)
Door sizes possible:
- Height min. 6' 5" (1955 mm)
- Height max. 6' 10" (2100 mm)*
- Thickness min. 5/8" (16 mm)
* Please note for doors over 2040mm the bottom hinge will be higher than 9" up.
- 4 x Apertures
- 2 x Bradawls with spacer
- 1 x 16mm guide bush
- 1 x T-Handle hex key
- 1 x 4mm spacing gauge
- 1 x Fabric storage case