Festool ETS EC 150/5 EQ-GQ Eccentric Sander
The Festool ETS EC 150/5 EQ-GQ is a 150mm electric random orbit sander that comes packaged with a dust extraction hose.
This model has a 5mm orbit, making it perfect for intermediate finishing work. Ideal tasks include intermediate and coarse sanding of clear coats and fillers, sanding flat and curved surfaces, and final sanding of fillers.
What are the key features of this Festool random orbital sander?
- 5mm orbit, for high surface quality and stock removal
- EC-TEC brushless motor, for power and durability
- Sanding pad break with carbide tip, for safety and protection
- Optional extraction detection system only allows machine to start when an extractor has been connected
- Stepless speed preselection that is constant even under load
- Vibration control system, for safe and comfortable working
- Compact and lightweight design, for comfortable use
- Well-positioned operation button, for easy usage
What are the advantages of a Festool EC-TEC brushless motor?
In a brushed motor, the brushes wear down quickly. When you remove the brushes, you remove the primary cause of wear in a motor! This makes it more durable, ensures a longer lifetime, and also makes it much sturdier.
The EC-TEC motor provides you with high power but lower energy consumption, for higher efficiency. Additionally, if the machine reaches a critical state it limits the energy flow to protect the electronics.
The final feature is the intelligent drive control. This is an integral sensor system that ensures the efficient, true running of the motor, as well as accurate speed adjustment.
How does this sander protect the user, tool, and workpiece?
The first protective feature is the sanding pad break with carbide tip, which prevents the pad from rotating too quickly in a no-load state. This not only protects you from kickback when applying the sander to the material, but it also prevents the sander from producing grooves in the material itself.
The next protective feature is the extraction detection system. This optional setting means that the machine can only be started up when a dust extractor hose is connected, which ensures that you work cleanly and safely.
The vibration control system teaches actively regulates the motor speed, and automatically reduces the operating life when vibrations are too high. This results in smoother and safer operation that is easier on both you and your tool.
Finally, the on/off button is well positioned on the sander body. This prevents uncontrolled start-up and switch-off, which helps to protect the user, tool, and workpiece from accidental damage.
What are the key features of the dust extraction hose?
- Smooth and robust protective cover made up 100% nylon protects material surfaces and edges, and prevents hose from catching
- Anti-static suction hose
- Integrated plug-it cable, for quick attachment to the tool
- Temperature resistant to +70°C
- With rotating adapter and connector
ETS EC 150/5 EQ-GQ
- Power consumption: 400 W
- Eccentric motion speed: 6000-10000 min-1
- Sanding stroke: 5 mm
- Interchangeable sanding pad Ø: 150 mm
- Connection Ø d/e: 27 mm
- Weight: 1,2 kg
- Bleeder resistor (DIN IEC 312) < 1 MΩ/m
- Diameter 27/22 mm
- Length 3,5 m
- StickFix sanding pad Ø 150 mm FUSION-TEC (extra-soft)
- Suction hose D27/22x3.5 m AS-GQ
The combination of compact size, high power, durability, and wide variety of user-friendly features makes the ETS EC 150/5 one of the best random orbital sander models on the market.