1. Who We Are
We are Kelvin Power Tools Ltd. We accept responsibility as the Data Controller for all of the information that we collect.
2. Your Privacy
Throughout our dealings with you, we may collect and/or process information about you.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will use your information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations which relate to data protection and privacy.
By using our services, you agree to the collection and processing of your information in accordance with this policy.
This policy (along with our Terms and Conditions) tells you:
- What information we may collect about you
- Why we collect this information
- How we may use this information
- How long we will keep this information for
- Who we may disclose this information to
- Your rights regarding this information
- How you can contact us
3. The Information We Collect
Throughout our dealings with you, we may collect and/or process the following information about you:
- We may ask you to provide us with information which allows us to identify you as an individual ("Personal Data"). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your address and postcode
- If you are placing an order; your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number
- If you are creating an account on our website; a username and password
- We may collect information regarding how you access and use our website ("Usage Data"). Usage Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Your device’s IP address
- Unique device identifiers
- Your browser type and version
- The pages that you visit
- The length of time you spend on each page
- The date and time of your visit
- Other diagnostic data
4. Why We Collect this Information
We may collect and/or process this information about you for the following reasons:
- When you place an order, we need your Personal Data to allow us to take payment for and fulfil your order
- When you purchase certain products, we may need your Personal Data to allow us to register them for an extended warranty with the manufacturer
- When you purchase certain products, we may need your Personal Data to allow us to claim a discount voucher on your behalf from the manufacturer
- When you create an account on our website, we need your Personal Data for security reasons, for example, to allow us to identify you
- When you contact us for any reason, we need your Personal Data to allow us to identify and respond to you
- When you sign up to receive our marketing communications, we need your Personal Data to allow us to fulfil your request
5. How We Use this Information
We use the information that we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your order for a product or service: This is a contractual necessity. We use your Personal Data to meet our obligations under our contract with you, for example, to deliver your order.
- To register certain products you purchase for an extended warranty: This is a contractual necessity. We use your Personal Data to meet our obligations under our contract with you.
- To register certain products you purchase for a discount voucher: This is a contractual necessity. We use your Personal Data to meet our obligations under our contract with you.
- To respond to you when you contact us for any reason, for example, for customer support: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data to communicate with you.
- To notify you about changes to our services: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data to keep you up to date with information regarding our services.
- To contact you about leaving a review for a product or service once your order has been fulfilled: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data to ask you to provide feedback regarding the product or service you received from us so that we can analyse and improve said product or service.
- To send you information about our products and services, including special offers, discounts, free gifts and events: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data to send you this information where you have previously purchased similar products or services from us and we think that this information may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving our email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link that is provided in any marketing email you receive from us.
- To contact you for market research purposes: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data to help us analyse and improve our services.
- To track and analyse your activity on our website to improve and tailor your online experience; investigate, detect or prevent technical issues on our website; or investigate, detect or prevent any wrongdoing or criminal activity on our website: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data, Usage Data and cookies to help us analyse and improve our services.
- To carry out security checks to investigate, detect or prevent any wrongdoing or criminal activity: This is in our legitimate interests. We use your Personal Data for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. How Long We Retain this Information For
We only retain the information that we collect from you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. We may retain your information for longer if we are required to for legal or regulatory reasons.
7. Who We May Disclose this Information To
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may use third parties to facilitate our services, to provide our services on our behalf, or to assist us in monitoring and analysing how our services are used ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers only have access to your information needed to perform their functions. They are obliged to not disclose or use it for any other purpose. The Service Providers we work with include but are not limited to:
- We register certain products that you purchase on your behalf with the manufacturer in order for you to receive an extended warranty. We only disclose the necessary information they need to provide you with the warranty and they are obliged to not disclose or use it for any other purpose. The manufacturers that this applies to are:
- We claim discount vouchers for certain products that you purchase on your behalf from the manufacturer in order for you to receive a discount. We only disclose the necessary information they need to provide you with the discount voucher and they are obliged to not disclose or use it for any other purpose. The manufacturers that this applies to are:
- We are required to do so by law
- In response to valid requests from public authorities
- To investigate, detect or prevent any possible wrongdoing or criminal activity - this includes for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreements we have with you or otherwise concerning you
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our customers, employees or other third parties
- To our insurers if a claim is made or could be made against us
- To the prospective seller or buyer if we sell or buy any business or assets
- To the other business if this business is integrated with another
8. Where this Information May be Processed
Your information may be transferred to, processed in or stored in one or more countries outside of the UK where the data protection laws may differ.
If you are located outside of the UK and use our services, we will transfer your information to the UK and process it here where the data protection laws may differ.
In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
9. The Security of this Information
The security of your Personal Data is important to us.
All of the Personal Data that you provide us with is stored on our secure servers.
The contact form on our website is encrypted.
If you have an online account, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone and we recommend that you do not use the same password for different online accounts. We also ask that you log out of your account when you have finished your session to prevent any unauthorised access to your account, for example, on a shared device.
We do our best to protect your Personal Data, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No method of information transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
10. Your Rights
You have the right to:
- Access and receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you
- Request that we correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data. You can update your Personal Data in your account settings on our website. If you are unable to do so, contact us and we will make the required changes for you.
- Request that we delete your Personal Data if there is no legitimate reason for us to retain it
- Request that we delete your online account if you no longer wish to have one
- Request that we do not use your Personal Data for marketing purposes
Contact us here to make any of the above requests. We may ask you for proof of your identity before responding to your request.
11. Links to Other Websites
12. Integration of the Trusted Shops Trustbadge
The Trusted Shops Trustbadge is integrated on this website to display our Trusted Shops Trustmark and the collected reviews, as well as to offer Trusted Shops products to buyers after an order.
This is necessary to safeguard our legitimate prevailing interests in an optimal marketing by ensuring the safety of your purchase according to Article 6 (1) f GDPR. The Trustbadge and the services advertised with it are an offer of the Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Cologne, Germany. The Trustbadge is made available by a CDN provider (content delivery network) as part of order processing. The Trusted Shops GmbH also uses a service provider from the USA. An adequate level of data protection is guaranteed. Further information on the data security of the Trusted Shops GmbH can be found here.
When the Trustbadge is called up, the web server automatically saves a server log file which contains, for example, your IP address, the date and time of the call, the amount of data transferred and the requesting provider (access data), and documents the call. Individual access data are stored in a security database for the analysis of security problems. The log files are automatically deleted 90 days after creation at the latest.
Further personal data will be transferred to Trusted Shops GmbH if you decide to use Trusted Shops products after completing an order or have already registered for use. The contractual agreement made between you and Trusted Shops applies. For this purpose, personal data is automatically collected from the order data. Whether or not you are already registered as a Trusted Shops customer is automatically checked by means of a neutral parameter, the email address hashed by cryptological one-way function. The email address is converted to this hash value, which cannot be decrypted by Trusted Shops before it is transmitted. After checking for a match, the parameter is deleted automatically.
13. Contact Us