What brands of cordless batteries for power tools do you stock?
We have a great range from all of the top brands, including Bosch, Panasonic, Metabo, Makita, DeWalt, and Paslode! A large selection of popular voltages like 18v and 10.8v are available, as well as a variety of different capacities up to 4.0Ah and 5.0Ah.
Metabo and Bosch batteries are available in kit format as well as individually. These battery and charger sets are ideal for adding to naked tools to create your own customised power tool kit.
What do I need to know when buying replacement power tool batteries?
- Compatible battery types. This includes the brand, the battery chemistry (NiMH/NiCd/Li-ion) and the voltage. It is also important to check the battery connector, and tools from the same manufacturer sometimes have different connectors.
- Your required battery capacity. This is measured in amp-hours (Ah). It refers to the runtime of the battery, i.e. how many tasks you can complete on one charge.
What are the advantages of Lithium-ion power tool batteries?
The main advantage is the better power-to-weight ratio. NiMH and NiCad batteries used to be limited to lower capacities like 2.6Ah purely because any more would make the tool far too heavy to be practical. With Li-ion technology however many brands are reaching and even exceeding 5.0Ah!
Other advantages include:
- No memory effect: you do not need to completely discharge the battery before recharging it
- Low self-discharge: the battery retains its charge for longer when not in use
- Able to withstand lower temperatures: more flexible storage and working