What is a Drill Driver?
Drill drivers can perform two functions: drilling holes and driving screws. These power tools can be used on a variety of materials, including metal and wood.
An adjustable clutch mechanism prevents the drill from driving screws too deep into the material and over-tightening or stripping the screw.
What should you consider when choosing a cordless drill driver?
Choosing a cordless drill can be difficult, especially when there are so many models available with different features. Some key considerations are:
- What voltage and capacity of battery do you need? Will you be using the drill frequently and how much power is required? If the driver will be used heavily then a stronger battery will be able to handle the work load better before requiring a charge. If the driver will be used infrequently then a smaller battery capacity will do the job.
- What power, speed and torque do you require? What tasks will you be performing and how often will you be conducting them?
- Does the drilling diameter suit your needs?
- Is the design of the drill driver suitable for the tasks you will be conducting? Do you need a compact or lightweight machine for use in awkward/confined spaces or overhead? The weight will be affected by the size of the battery, so if this is a priority then you may want to compromise on the strength of the battery.
- Is the machine durable enough? Do you need a drill driver that can withstand tough environments and very frequent use?
- Are there any additional features that you want? For example, LED lights, power boosts or quick recharging capability.
Do You Need Drill Bits?
We have a great range of drill bits, drilling accessories and consumables at low prices!
Do you have a question?
Here at Kelvin Power Tools, our team of experts are always happy to help! If you need some tool-related advice or want to learn more about any of our products, then please feel free to contact us.