Trend MS/PRO Multi-Scribe
The Trend MS/Pro Multiscribe is a profile matching tool used to transfer contours from one shape to another and mark on to various materials. It is a multi-function tool for a variety of marking out applications in all trades such as carpenters, joiners, and builders.
Click here to see a video highlighting the features below!
The MS/Pro features a built in spirit level and pencil sharpener as well as a steel blade with graduations for profiling, and fulfills the following functions:
- Parallel scribe: allows the drawing of an equidistant line parallel to a chosen edge. Using a pencil inserted through one end of the stock, the parallel line is transferred onto the work piece.
- Convex scribe: copies and reproduces an exact convex line or shape. A pencil can be inserted in either the square or pointed end of the block to transfer the contour onto the work surface, quickly and accurately.
- Profiling scribe: copies and reproduces an exact irregular shape. By setting the block inline with the blade and running the pointed end against the edge of the work piece, the exact contour can be transferred and (contour): copies and reproduces an uneven surface exactly.
- Compass: Allows the drawing of circles with various diameters. With a centre pin inserted through one end of the blade and a pencil through the stock, the multiscribe can be used for marking out circles or arcs. The diameter can be set by sliding and locking the stock along the blade
- 90-degree square: marks a line at 90 degrees to a given straight surface, with 5mm and 1/4" graduations. The block can be locked perpendicular to the blade of the multiscribe to give an accurate 90 degree setting.
- Plumb bob: when attached to a line the multiscribe can be used as a plumb bob in order to give a true vertical pointer.
- Vertical level: using the integrated spirit level with the block locked at 90 degrees, the multiscribe can be used as a vertical level.
- Horizontal level: using the integrated spirit level, the multiscribe can be used as a horizontal line level for levelling sockets, switches, etc.
- 45 degree mitre: a 45 degree line can be marked onto a straight or flat surface - ideal for skirting boards, dados and coving.
- 45 degree tile scorer: marks a line at 45 degrees to enable accurate til cutting
- String line: when attached with a string, the multiscribe can be used to give a straight line between two fixing points
- Line block: When attached with a string, the block of the multiscribe can be used to grip a corner under the tension of the string line.
- Depth gauge: copies the width or depth of an area for transfer or marking. When setting the height of saw blades or cutters, the multiscribe can be used as a depth gauge.
- Picture hanging gauge: the multiscribe allows you to measure and mark the exact point on a wall for level picture hanging
- Metal scribe: using a metal pencil with a tungsten tip, the multiscribe can be used to scribe metalwork.
- Patent No. GB2380164
- Design Reg. 3021163.